Sagard invests in proprietary credit opportunities in public and private middle market companies across Canada and the US through its Sagard Credit Partners ("SCP") vehicle, launched in December 2017. We have a long-term outlook and seek to build lasting relationships with companies in which we invest. We can provide financing to companies across the entire capital structure, including term loans, high yield bonds, notes, mezzanine financings, and other bespoke solutions. Sagard will work with companies to craft solutions tailored to their unique financing needs, and can provide certainty on terms, structure and execution.
Sagard’s credit business is led by Adam Vigna (CIO) & Mustafa Humayun (Portfolio Manager), both of whom have known each other for over a decade and worked together across three organizations. The entire investment team has worked together as a closely knit unit across two organizations.
- We are a direct lender that focuses on providing debt financing to Canadian and U.S. middle market companies.
- We are a reliable financing partner backed by an experienced investment team. We aim to build partnerships through transparency and integrity, and we look to honor our commitments.
- We specialize in bespoke debt financing solutions. We will work with companies’ management teams to understand their business’ unique needs and provide them with a highly customized solution to help their business flourish.
- We are a supporter of business builders and founder-owned and operated companies. We aim to be a stable and supportive partner alongside management and boards, and are happy to leverage our network to provide ongoing support to investee companies.
- Companies with earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization ("EBITDA") between $10 million and $50 million
- Ability to provide or anchor debt financings from $10 million to $150 million
- Proceeds from financings used for acquisitions, refinancings, recapitalizations, growth or general corporate purposes
- Industry agnostic
Adam has led the entire SCP team for a number of years at a different investing organization.
Adam holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
Mr. Humayun has known Mr. Vigna for over a decade and has worked with him across three different organizations.
Josh holds an HBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario, where he graduated with Distinction and was an Ivey Scholar.
Bin holds a Bachelor of Mathematics (Honors) from the University of Waterloo and a Bachelor of Business Administration (Honors) from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Brianna earned a BA in Applied Mathematics and Statistics from the Whiting School of Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.